- Most concerts last close to two hours, including a 15-20 minute intermission. Concerts taking place in Ruby Diamond auditorium will offer wine, beer, and non-alcoholic beverages for sale before the performance, as well as at intermission. We hope you’ll come early and enjoy the ambiance of the concert experience. We want you to have a good time!
- Children are welcome at all TSO concerts, though we ask you to use your discretion with regard to attention span and other matters. The sooner young people start attending concerts of all kinds, the more likely they are to embrace this life-changing experience. Please plan to sit so that you are able to leave easily, should you need to. With the exception of Southwood POPS in the Park, we do not think attendance by infants is appropriate. Visit our Community & Education page for more information about our kid-friendly FREE Open Rehearsals.
- We are most happy to help you with lost tickets. Simply call us at 850.224.0461 or arrive early to the concert. Make sure to bring a photo ID.
- Subscribers may exchange their tickets for any other subscription concert within the same season (excluding Holiday Magic!). Please arrange for any exchanges at least 48 hours before the performance. Subscribers may also turn their tickets back in for a tax-donation receipt for the value of the tickets.
- If you are not a subscriber and cannot use your tickets, we encourage you to give them to a friend or colleague to enjoy. You can also inquire at local social service organizations such as the Tallahassee Boys & Girls Club whether they might be able to pass your tickets along to a family who might not otherwise be able to come to the TSO.
- All ticket purchases are non-refundable. Artists and programs are subject to change without notice.
- Dress up, or dress down. There is no dress code! Most people will be wearing business clothes or slightly dressy casual clothes, but you’ll see everything from jeans to cocktail dresses. Some people enjoy dressing up and making a special event out of their TSO concert experience, others prefer to relax and focus on their ears rather than their outfits. We want you to wear what you’re comfortable in. But above all, we want you to join us!
- Ruby Diamond Concert Hall is located on the campus of Florida State University where College Avenue intersects with Copland. 502 South Copeland Street; Tallahassee, FL 32304
- Masterworks Series concerts and Holiday Magic! are held at the beautiful and newly-renovated Ruby Diamond Concert Hall on the campus of Florida State University. Visit our Plan Your Visit page for directions and more information.
- TSO season ticket holders are offered the opportunity to make a donation that will include a parking pass. Directions and the pass for their designated lot are mailed in their subscription package, delivered two weeks before the first concert. Donation levels begin at $120-299 for the Diffenbaugh Parking Lot, $300-499 for the Brinkley Parking Lot and $500+ for the Mecca Parking Lot.
- Single ticket holders will find available parking along Park Avenue, in the Call Street garage (near the corner of Copland and Call) and in various open lots on the campus of Florida State University. Parking maps and locations can be found on the FSU Transportation Services page: http://transportation.fsu.edu/sites/default/files/media/doc/CampusParkingMap2013.pdf
- Handicap parking is limited around Westcott and is available in the Brinkley Welcome Lot on College Ave, and along Convocation Way. There is parking open on the North Entrance of Ruby Diamond off of Convocation Way, past the traffic circle, next to the stairs. There is also an additional lot at the end of Convocation Way, which is open during concert hours. For more information about accessible parking on FSU campus visit: http://transportation.fsu.edu/sites/default/files/media/doc/HandicappedADACampusParkingMap2013_0.pdf
- Absolutely! College students with a valid student ID are eligible for discounted tickets to most concerts. Student prices are $19 for 12 years old and above and $10 for children up to age 12. We also offer a Student Rush program with $10 priced tickets. This offer is limited to one ticket per student and subject to availability. When available, student rush tickets go on sale 30 minutes prior to performance.
- Purchase student tickets by calling or visiting our box office (valid ID required) (850) 224.0461 or 515 E Park Ave Tallahassee, FL 32301
- K-12 students and their parent/guardians are offered tickets through our “Pass the Baton!” voucher program, generously sponsored by the Earl Bacon Agency. Visit our Community & Education page for more information about these programs.
- Only subscription tickets may be exchanged. Individual/single tickets and/or special events such as Southwood POPS in the Park are not eligible for exchange.
- Call our office and we can exchange your tickets to another performance if you have an Anytime subscription. If you are a Master Series subscriber and are not able to attend a concert, simply call the office to donate your tickets for that performance and choose to either receive extra tickets for a future concert or receive a tax letter for the purchase price.
- Exchanged ticket orders must be received at least one business day (48 hours) before the performance.
- Exchanges are not accepted after a concert has taken place.
- If you are exchanging for a higher-priced ticket, you will be responsible for the difference. If you are exchanging for a lower-priced ticket, the difference (usually just a few dollars) will be donated back to the TSO.
- We love donated tickets, so please feel free to call and allow us to resell your tickets if you can’t make it to a concert!
- Your new tickets will be mailed to you, unless the request is received less than 10 days prior to the concert, in which case tickets will be held in will call at the box office. Please note that all sales are final upon receipt of payment. Seating is subject to availability.
- Individual tickets may be considered for exchange on a case-by-case basis, call our office at 850.224.0461 for more information.
- Single tickets are on sale, beginning in early August before each new concert season.
There are several different ways to purchase tickets to an TSO event:
Purchase your tickets through our online ticketing system on our Concerts & Tickets page and selecting the concert you would like to attend, or by calling our office at 850.224.0461 ext 83. Our box office is open Monday-Friday, 10:00 am-4:00 pm, and Saturday 9am-4pm on the day of each concert. Purchase your tickets at the Ruby Diamond Auditorium box office on the day of the event beginning at 6:30pm.
- Season subscriptions are sold in the spring and summer prior to the start of each season. Subscription sales are a great way to save money over the cost of single tickets, over 15%. Subscribers may also take advantage of our liberal ticket exchange/donation policy. Call 850.224.0461 for your season subscription, today, or visit our Subscriptions page for more information about purchasing a season subscription online.
5. Forms of payment
- The Tallahassee Symphony Orchestra accepts cash, checks, and all major credit cards. Online sales are by credit card only.
6. Audience Etiquette
- Because we want to make sure all of our patrons enjoy an optimal listening environment, latecomers will be seated during a suitable pause in the performance rather than while the musicians are playing.
- The history of applause at orchestra concerts is long and varied. There was a time when audiences were expected to applaud after every movement of a multi-movement work. More recently, applause has been withheld until the entire work is performed. At TSO, our policy is simple – if you want to say thanks, we are happy to hear it at any time. We suggest you follow your heart.