How will this live-streamed season work?
This season, once you have subscribed, we will be sending a website address and unique passcode to join us online for the private, live-streamed events you see listed on this website. Think of your passcode as a “ticket” to view the concerts.
What do I do if I’ve already bought and renewed my 2020-21 subscription?
You have options! 1) You may request a refund for the difference in your original subscription price and the new subscription price; 2) You may “gift” your extra subscription(s) to friends or loved ones, both within Tallahassee or outside of our area; 3) You may donate back the cost of the new and old subscriptions. If you are able, we are especially grateful for options #2 and #3 as we get through this tough time!
I’m not comfortable with technology. Can you help me?
Never fear! We’ve got all sorts of plans in place to help you set up your computer or television to enjoy these events. We will be offering video and written guides, as well as phone support if you need it. On a very basic level, all you need to do is find the streaming website, type in your passcode, and turn up your computer volume, though for those who want an enhanced experience, we’ll help make that happen. We promise to help in any way we can!
Will single tickets be available?
Yes! “Single tickets,” which in essence are “household” tickets, will be available for each event and will cost $50 each. By subscribing to all 6 concerts, you save $50!
What will the programs be?
While we have brainstormed with each of our fantastic guest artists about program possibilities, one of the exciting things about this season is the ability to be flexible and creative in our programming. Darko is working with each guest artist to curate musical events that you are sure to love and enjoy, but we’ll be announcing these programs only weeks before each event – so there will be an element of surprise and delight!
What is the cost of the new season?
The subscription price for our re-imagined 2020-2021 season is $250 for six (6) concerts. The price is per household, not per individual.
Where can I find the stream?
TSO streams are available on our UScreen page here.
Do I have to pay to access the stream?
Yes – you can choose to subscribe to all 6 concerts for $250 per-household, or you can purchase access to each stream individually. Individual access purchases will be made available starting August 14, 2020.
Will the concerts be available to watch after the live stream?
Yes! The live stream will be available to watch at any time for 48hrs after the live concert.
How fast does my internet connection have to be?
A fast and reliable broadband internet connection is required. For streaming content, your download speed must be at least 1.5mbps or 5mbps for optimal or HD video quality.
How can I test my internet speed?
There are many free tools available online to test your internet speed, including SpeedTest.net. For streaming content, your download speed must be at least 1.5mbps or 5mbps for optimal or HD video quality.
Other tips for internet issues:
- If you are using Wifi, you can try connecting to the internet with a hard-wired connection.
- Close other applications on your device and disconnect other devices using the same WiFi network.
- Reset and/or turn off and restart your modem and/or router.
- Move your devices closer to your WiFi router.
If the above does not work, then proceed to check your internet browser:
- If you are having problems in one browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari), try a different one.
- Clear browser cache and/or close and restart your browser.
- Close other tabs in your browser.
- Update your internet browser to the latest version.
- Update Adobe Flash to the latest version.
- Update your device’s operating system (OS) to the latest version.
Can I watch the stream on my TV?
If your computer is already connected to your television, you should be able to view the stream on your television. The easiest way to connect your computer to your TV is through an HDMI cable.
Other options to watch the stream on the TV:
- For Chromecast, make sure you are accessing the stream through your Chrome internet browser. Once the video is loaded on your computer, click “View” in the navigation bar of Chrome and then click on “Cast.” A small window should show up called “Cast Tab” on the right corner of your browser page and the name of your connected television should be listed there. Click the name of your TV and the video should show up on your television.
- If you have Apple TV, learn how you can use AirPlay to stream content to your television from an Apple device such as computer or iPhone here.
Are subtitles available on the stream?
No, subtitles will not be included in the stream.
Are there pre-concert lectures?
Yes! A pre-concert lecture will be included for all concerts this season. The start time for the pre-concert lectures will be announced soon!
STILL NEED HELP?
I am still having issues watching the stream, what do I do?
We’re sorry you’re still having trouble! Please email [email protected] and we will get back to you as soon as we are able.
I am a current donor/subscriber and am having trouble logging in to my UScreen account. What can I do?
You can reset your password by clicking the “Forgot Password” link on the login page. Once you click the “Forgot Password” link, you will be directed to input the email address associated with your account and click “Reset Password.” You will then receive an email with a link to reset your password. Click the link in the email, rest your password, and then go to tallahasseesymphony.uscreen.io to access your account.
If you receive a message saying you do not have access after logging in or if you need further assistance, please email [email protected] or call the TSO Office during regular business hours at (850) 224-0461.